Monday, August 29, 2011
Here's my usual Random Thoughts While Watching the VMA's.
Click here for a complete list of winners (who do I look like, Riki Rachtman?).
1. Gaga totally reminds me of Ralph Macchio in the Outsiders. Do it for Johnny! (but lose the cigarette...)
2. The Biebs doesn't seem too thrilled in the audience...
3. Yay, Foo Fighters! They won best Rock Video for "Walk" which was based on the movie "Falling Down." Great tune. I heart Dave Grohl.
4. My fave quote of the night: "Never lose faith in real rock 'n' roll music." - Dave Grohl
5. Paul Rudd is all over the place lately. What a cutie. Slappin' da bass!
6. Whoa! Quick wardrobe change for Katy Perry! (which I should know from Jon Arntson's Katy Perry concert review.)
7. I just found out that my hubby is an Adele fan and has her CD in his truck. Who knew?!
8. Wow! Can't believe that Bieber beat out Eminem! The specs are kind of cute.
9. Surprised to see Chris Brown here. Doesn't anyone hold any grudges against woman beaters??? And how does Dave Grohl feel about Chris lipsyching to a Nirvana song??
10. Cute Britney montage!
11. Beyonce is an amazing performer as always. And if you haven't heard, she's preggers!
12. Is Jared Leto wearing a skirt? And a mini mullet? Take off those shades, Jared, and show us your baby blues!
13. And I wish Gaga would have done a wardrobe change. Enough with the Andrew Dice Clay/Macchio impression.
14. Hunger Games trailer! Man, I wish it was longer and showed more of the movie! Can't wait!
15. What the H does Katy have on her head??? And I love the "Firework" video. And song.
16. As always, not enough rock 'n' roll at this awards show.
Anyone else watch the VMA's? What did you think?
AND IN BLOGGING NEWS:
I've joined the Campaign! I feel all warrior-like saying that. I've seen the Campaign badge all over the blogs lately, so I decided to join forces with you all to build our platforms, support one another, meet new blog friends, and take over the blogging world!!! (cue maniacal laughter)
If you'd like to join forces with us, go to Racheal Harrie's blog and join in by August 31! Who's with me??
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
I am starting a new blog next week to promote literacy. I will be compiling and posting book recommendations of different celebrities and posting them once or twice a week. We all know that reading is a very cool pasttime, but I want the starstruck world to know it, too. I want someone to google celebrities and see what they are READING, not what they are wearing, not who they are smooching, but what they are recommending. (To be fair, I read Us Weekly and read about that other stuff, too :).
Please click on BOOK RECS OF THE ROCK AND FAMOUS to go to my new blog. Please follow so everyone will know that reading is important to so many of us! I don't expect anyone to comment on every post, just do if you feel like it.
I appreciate your help and support! Spread the word if you can.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Here's a few pics of Gavin, lead singer of Bush (also husband of Gwen Stefani).
He's British (and ripped) so he can wear this.
And I told you it was hot and sweaty in there!
The best part was that the bands gave us a few writing tips while we were there! Listen and learn...
(and speaking of writing tips, did WRITEONCON rock, or what?!)
Okay, I tried. I just wanted to show some cool clips from the concert. :)
And did you notice my new rockin' banner up top? A big thank you to Jon Arntson! He made it for me!!
Monday, August 15, 2011
My family and I have been traipsing all over the northern Midwest. My kids spent quality time with grandparents, caught lots of fish, and enjoyed nature at its best. My hubby and dad caught giant muskies. The kids also back to school shopped, rode amusement parks at the Mall of America, and clogged toilets everywhere they went (don't ask).
Here are a few vacation pics.
I kissed a fawn, and I liked it. Last vacation I kissed a dolphin. It seems I kiss animals everywhere I go. Kind of like college, but no beer goggles necessary for these kisses from me.
Hubs and I went to see one of our fave comedians, Daniel Tosh in Duluth. Hilarity ensued.
The Polark Five took a walk in the wilderness.
And we have added two cool new voices on our Garmin to guide us through the galaxy. Yes, the force is with us.
I hope you are all enjoying the last weeks of summer! School starts next week!
Monday, August 8, 2011
Twelve-year-old Hannah Stone tells everyone she’s “okay,” but that’s a total lie. Two years ago her dad was killed by a hit-and-run driver. The detective in charge of the case never found the driver, but he somehow managed to get Hannah’s mom to fall in love with him. The jerk. And speaking of love, Hannah’s developed a major crush on Ollie Ortega—he’s her best friend and the only one she can talk to—a crush on Ollie is so not a good idea.
Also not a good idea? Searching for a missing person with no help from the police. But that’s exactly what Hannah does when she finds messages in library books—underlined words that point her in the direction of someone who needs her.
And, suddenly, Hannah’s even further from okay. She breaks into a library, gets caught in a kidnapper’s web, and is stalked by her dad’s killer, all in an effort to save a life…but can she save herself, too?
CONGRATS, ANITA! This will be the first book I buy my daughter when she gets her ereader this month! I can't wait to read the rest of the book (and share it with her)!
Also, I've been a lucky blog winner this week. Thank you to Ellen Oh; I won Carrie Harris's BAD TASTE IN BOYS on her blog!! I know it's going to be a riot. Also I won Julie Fedderson's colloquialism contest. You won't believe what phrase won me a cool Honey Bee gift basket! Thank you, Julie!!