Thursday, April 28, 2011

This and That Thursday


LIFE

My laundry pile is slowly getting back to normal after our great trip! If only the rain would stop and we could finally attend our boys' baseball games. So many have been cancelled!



BLOGGING
Monday is the Anita and Kelly Dance Challenge! I haven't taped mine yet.... I had better get my game on and DANCE! Person with the most comments wins (can comment on both) and Anita, I mean, the other person puts $ in the kitty for a charity! ;)


Also, a big thank you to those of you who have given me a blog award recently!! Your thoughtfulness is appreciated (even though I don't always follow the blog award rules!).

READING
I read three books in the last few weeks (fast for me!): The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan, The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker, and Earthling Hero by Anita Laydon Miller (only 99 cents at Amazon or Smashwords!). I highly recommend all three! They kept me turning the pages to see what the heck was going to happen next!



MUSIC
My sixth grader J-Man and I headbanged together at a concert last night. We headed to ROCKford to hear one of our favorite bands, Avenged Sevenfold, along with another great band - Three Days Grace. It was the fourth time I've seen Avenged and third time I've seen 3DG.
Picture me and a male mini-me with short hair screaming at the top of our lungs to metal songs and throwing our fists up to the beat. Yep, that's us.


A clip of my favorite song of all time - Unholy Confessions

Best guitar duo ever: Zacky Vengeance and Synyster Gates (no, those aren't their given names :) I think the biggest reason I love A7X so much is because of their unique, manic guitar solos.

I hope your day ROCKS!

25 comments:

Her highness, Samantha VĂ©rant said...

My day isn't quite going to rock. I'm heading off to a concert...but its classical music. Not quite sure about it. I'll let you know tomorrow. That top photo really ROCKS. LOVE IT!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

My kids have had baseball games canceled lately too. I LOVE watching their games, so I hope the weather will be more cooperative for us all! :-)

Suzanne Casamento said...

I LOVE the image of you and a male mini you rockin' out! You are the coolest mom ever!

Stephen Tremp said...

My days been rockin'. Watching live AC DC videos on YouTube.

Kelly said...

Sam- Believe it or not, I played classical music for my newborns because I heard it was good for them!
Shannon- I hope you have better weather, too! Looks like today's game will be canceled too!
Suz- I'm so glad he wants to go with me!
Steve- Great classic band!

Rena said...

I'm glad to hear you're getting back into your routine. I hope you have a great day. Both my boys are sick -- ugh.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Kelly, I just got this in an email and had to share it with you. :-)

INSTALLING SPRING...
█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Install delayed....please wait.
Installation failed.
Please try again.
Error: Season not found.
Season "Spring" cannot be located.
The season you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I loved Liar society and can't wait for LiLa's next book. :)

Bish Denham said...

Your kids are going to have the best memories of their mom. And please send some of that rain to Texas we need it bad, bad.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Oh, I so wish the rain would stop too. And it'd get warmer. I enjoyed Earthling Hero too. I want to read Liar Society soon. Happy reading.

Anita said...

Thanks for the plug! I think we should work on setting up J with one of my daughters.

Hema P. said...

Looks like you've been busy! Can't wait for your dance-off clip! :-)

Solvang Sherrie said...

I love that you and mini-you were head banging at a concert together :)

Susan Fields said...

I'm sure you and your J-Man had a fantastic time at the concert - what a cool mom!

Missed Periods said...

Coolest mom ever!

Tina Laurel Lee said...

You must be tired after staying up so late! :)

Lydia K said...

I have Liar Society on my TBR list too. Glad you liked it!

Christina Lee said...

Unfortunately in soccer we play rain or shine, so not sure which is worse. AT least we get it over with (And freeze our bums off)!

Kelly said...

Rena - I hope your boys feel better soon!
Shannon - That is funny! Guess what, it is sunny here today. Hurray!
Sharon - Me, too!
Bish - I'll gladly trade some rain for some Texas sun!
Natalie - Finally sunny here today. I am loving it!
Anita - Hee! We could have a dance off at their wedding!

Kelly said...

Hema - I seriously practiced dancing today for our dance off..
Sherrie - We loved screaming our heads off together!!
Susan & Missed P - I'm sure he won't think I'm cool in a few years when he's a teen!
Tina - I took a nap the next day. Needed it badly.
Lydia - Fun read!
Christina - Yes, the cold, rainy games are miserable. We occasionally play in it, but last week too much water on the fields!

Jo Schaffer said...

Rock on! (= The last two awesome concerts I went to were Muse and Blue October. Yessssss. (=

DEZMOND said...

they do sound unholy :))))

Tony Van Helsing said...

You are the first person I have come across in the world of blogs who is a Sevenfold fan. I've loved them since I first heard Beast and the Harlot and now they are my favourite band of all time. Following.

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Wow, sounds like fun stuff coming up. I love the stuff you are reading too - I can't wait to read Dark and Hollow Places. Currently finishing Wither (also good). Can't wait for the dance off:)

Kelly said...

Jo - Great bands!
Dezz - Though their name does come from the bible! But the f-bomb was dropped a few too many times. I wished I could put ear muffs on my son!
Tony - I saw the Bat Country video years ago and was hooked by the guitar riffs. Loved them ever since!
Lindsay - You'll love Dark & Hollow! So suspenseful!