I'll tell you why.
1. I received some awards from fellow bloggers!
Wendy, aka Quillfeather, gave me the Kreativ Blogger award! Per the award requirements, my seven things are listed right HERE! Thanks so much, Wendy, my new New Zealand friend!
Paul Michael Murphy gave me the Silver Lining Award which is all about being positive so this post will be bursting with positivity! Thank you, Murph for the mention.
I bestow this honor to
Anita - She is a fab blogger/reviewer and cheerleader of mine (one of her posts was called An Ode to Kelly Polark - how awesome is that?). She is a positively wonderful (and wonderfully sarcastic), loyal blog buddy.
MG Higgins - This talented illustrator/writer somehow managed to blog after an earthquake and a beloved pets passing, plus she is punny!
Shelli - Shelli always has great interviews or fab links to help market us unpublished and published authors at Market My Words.
Elana - I recently discovered her blog which is packed with fun and great writerly advice! And I want to steal the cool background at the top of her blog!
Donna - Donna has uplifting posts and recently posted a poetry contest where she and another blogger critiqued each entry plus gave out a prize! See her at Word Wrangler!
2. I get Critter next! You may or may not know that Critter, created by artist Ian Sands, has been traveling around the world visiting different bloggers. Christy from Christy's Creative Space started this lil guy on his merry way and Nandini at Notes from New England is sending him to me! I will show Critter the marvels of the Midwest. I may even have to take him to a concert and teach him to headbang. We will see... Plus after Critter's visit here, I will have a contest to see where he goes next (it could be your home!).
3. I noticed I have some new follower friends! Thank you for adding my blog to your busy life! (and thanks to my regular bloggy buds too!)
4. I am having my query critiqued by my writing group tonight, plus Elana had great tips this week on her blog about queries too! I'm so happy to get my query finished this week, and I hope to send it out in early February! I'm happy and nervous...
5. Anita Laydon Miller has declared February 1 "Post a Photo of your Work Area Day." Join us on that day and post a pic of your writing workspace. Details here. And if you are really brave, don't tidy up before taking the picture!
6. I got my personal best score on Word Bubbles yesterday! Go Words!
7. I finished The Lightning Thief. I loved it! It was jam packed with action. Can't wait for the movie which opens February 12!
8. I had two great, fulfilling days as a substitute teacher at the grade school my kids attend this week. I'm so glad that I have a vocation I can ease back into. Days like these confirm why I wanted to be a teacher in the first place. And I got to have lunch with my daughter one day!
9. My pup hasn't peed on the upstairs carpet once this week! :)
10. I hope your week is happy, too! Tell me one great thing that happened this week!