Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Positively Kreativ Post or a Kreatively Positive Post!

What a wonderful week in Blogland it has been. Why you ask?

I'll tell you why.

1. I received some awards from fellow bloggers!


Photobucket
Wendy, aka Quillfeather, gave me the Kreativ Blogger award! Per the award requirements, my seven things are listed right HERE! Thanks so much, Wendy, my new New Zealand friend!

Paul Michael Murphy gave me the Silver Lining Award which is all about being positive so this post will be bursting with positivity! Thank you, Murph for the mention.

Photobucket
I bestow this honor to
Anita - She is a fab blogger/reviewer and cheerleader of mine (one of her posts was called An Ode to Kelly Polark - how awesome is that?). She is a positively wonderful (and wonderfully sarcastic), loyal blog buddy.
MG Higgins - This talented illustrator/writer somehow managed to blog after an earthquake and a beloved pets passing, plus she is punny!
Shelli - Shelli always has great interviews or fab links to help market us unpublished and published authors at Market My Words.
Elana - I recently discovered her blog which is packed with fun and great writerly advice! And I want to steal the cool background at the top of her blog!
Donna - Donna has uplifting posts and recently posted a poetry contest where she and another blogger critiqued each entry plus gave out a prize! See her at Word Wrangler!
2. I get Critter next! You may or may not know that Critter, created by artist Ian Sands, has been traveling around the world visiting different bloggers. Christy from Christy's Creative Space started this lil guy on his merry way and Nandini at Notes from New England is sending him to me! I will show Critter the marvels of the Midwest. I may even have to take him to a concert and teach him to headbang. We will see... Plus after Critter's visit here, I will have a contest to see where he goes next (it could be your home!).

3. I noticed I have some new follower friends! Thank you for adding my blog to your busy life! (and thanks to my regular bloggy buds too!)

4. I am having my query critiqued by my writing group tonight, plus Elana had great tips this week on her blog about queries too! I'm so happy to get my query finished this week, and I hope to send it out in early February! I'm happy and nervous...

5. Anita Laydon Miller has declared February 1 "Post a Photo of your Work Area Day." Join us on that day and post a pic of your writing workspace. Details here. And if you are really brave, don't tidy up before taking the picture!

6. I got my personal best score on Word Bubbles yesterday! Go Words!

7. I finished The Lightning Thief. I loved it! It was jam packed with action. Can't wait for the movie which opens February 12!

8. I had two great, fulfilling days as a substitute teacher at the grade school my kids attend this week. I'm so glad that I have a vocation I can ease back into. Days like these confirm why I wanted to be a teacher in the first place. And I got to have lunch with my daughter one day!

9. My pup hasn't peed on the upstairs carpet once this week! :)

10. I hope your week is happy, too! Tell me one great thing that happened this week!


33 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Congrats on those awards! And it does sound like you had a great week. A puppy that don't pee on the carpets is always a good thing!

Laura Pauling said...

Congrats on all the blog awards. As soon as I saw the dancing videos I knew I'd come back! :)

Tina Laurel Lee said...

That was supremely positive. You sure do deserve that award. And I wholly support your choices of bestowees. Congrats to them. Congrats to you on everything, including finishing The Lightning Thief. Talk about action packed, I think that describes your life!

Jonathon Arntson said...

I am most excited about you finishing The Lightning Thief, get passed The Sea of Monsters and you'll love the rest of the series. Do it. Do it!

Also, I like your award recipients too.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Congratulations on your shiny new awards - you deserve them! I love 6-9 of your list - they cracked me up. :-)

Denise said...

LOL. You're still stuck on Word Bubbles.

Angela said...

Huzzah! We need a music vid as an accompaniment tho!

Elana Johnson said...

Congrats to you on those awards! You so deserve it. And thanks for passing it on to me. I'm beyond honored.

Wendy (aka quillfeather). said...

Congrats:) It appears you're going to require a new shelf for all those awards!

It's great to get to know you a little better.

Thanks for the mention. And you're most welcome :)

Kelly said...

Thanks, Bish. And yes, a very good thing!
Thanks for coming back, Laura!
Tina- Thank you, and I am very glad my life is not packed with the action Percy encounters! My life is busy, but safely busy! :)
Jonathan- I am looking forward to the rest of the series, but I must start Hunger GAmes next. Also, I've tried commenting on your blog today and it won't let me!
Thanks, Shannon for cracking up! :)

Kelly said...

Denise- You should play it, too! (evil laugh)
Angela- I have lapsed in my regular tune for Tuesday...my music loving son was disappointed!
Elana- Thank you and you are welcome! I'm glad I found your blog!
Wendy- Thanks again!!!

Kelly H-Y said...

A good week indeed! Congrats on the well-deserved awards!

Anita said...

You deserve all your awards!

One great thing: Hmmm....I had this guy email me saying he was a published author, had seen my blog, and was willing to chat with me about the querying process. And I was like, "Yeah, whatever. Probably some loon." Then I looked him up and he's a bestseller and i'd actually heard of his work, but didn't remember his name. Anyway, I don't know if I'll ask him for help or not, but I think it's cool that people in all stages of the game are visiting blogs.

Also, I am a total fan of Medal of Honor Winner Michael P. Murphy and have blogged about him. His dad emailed me and said that I was nice. Meant a lot to me. Am actually crying as I type this. Weird how that happens.

Keep rocking, Kelly!

Sliding on the Edge said...

Hurray for the great awards. I should create one of those with some musical notes just for you.

Kelly said...

Kelly- Thank you!
Anita- Thanks, and you should so ask Mr. Author about querying tips (and then post it to then help us!), very cool that big names read blogs! (are you going to tell us who?) Also, very sweet that MPM's dad took the time to email you. Very good things!
Sliding - Hee! I was thinking of creating one like that myself! :)

Jen said...

Congrats on your fantastic awards! You deserve them!!! Woohoo for Awards!

Solvang Sherrie said...

One great thing this week? Got a LOT of writing done, thousands of words. It made me so happy :)

PJ Hoover said...

Love that your puppy hasn't peed on the carpet (we had to get rid of all our carpets),
love that you finished The Lightning Thief,
and love that you are getting Critter. He'll have such a great time!

Sharon Mayhew said...

Congratulations on the awards. It's nice to feel appreciated. I'm so glad your puppy didn't have an accident on the carpet again....Three cheers for your highest score on Bubble Word. :)

WordWrangler said...

Wow! what a great week, girlie!

one good thing in my week? let's see... I lost 2lbs! YAY!

Kim Kasch said...

You deserve the recognition :)

Jonathon Arntson said...

Kelly - I think I remidied the commenting situation. And reading The Hunger Games next is beyond the best idea ever. it'll blow your mind.

Heather Kelly said...

Well deserved awards, and great picks as recipients! And--have your dog tell my cat about the peeing thing. Jeez!

Kelly said...

Thanks, Jen!
Sherrie- Woo hoo!That is awesome!
PJ- My best friend also had to get rid of all the carpet due to her four dogs!
Thanks, Sharon!
Donna- Yay! Give me your secret!
Thanks, Kim!
Jonathan- I'll try it again! And I started HG and it is riveting!
Heather - Message from Daisy to your cat "Bark, Bark, Bark, don't pee on carpet, bark, bark, do you know where the humans keep the treats? bark"

Justine said...

Aw, congrats on your awards!! :)

Shelli said...

aw shucks :)

Rhonda said...

Need my fix for your blog like I need my fox news. Congrats on winning awards and for Daisy's success. Should I send Tim to train her?

C.R. Evers said...

Wow girl, you've got a lot going on! It all sounds wonderful! :0) Especially high scores and Critter. Doesn't get any better than that. :0)

Rena said...

Congrats, Kelly! :)

Christina Farley said...

Critter is going to have so much fun with you! Will you take him dancing? One thing that happened? I finished a fine tune draft of my WIP.

Lilfix said...

Congrats on your two awards! Have a great week...Hugs...

FREE fonts said...

hello!
you can download unique fonts in our website for free

MG Higgins said...

Thanks for the award, Kelly! If I'd been keeping up on my blogging I would have noticed this sooner. (BTW, I think it's totally awesome that you can now download fonts for free!)