Sunday, January 17, 2010

Golden Globes Wrap Up

I watched the Golden Globes last night (well, most of it, I missed the first half hour). Did you? I love seeing the TV stars and movie stars all together in one place, but mostly, I love seeing the beautiful gowns!
I'm not going to list the winners (who do I look like, Billy Bush?) See winners of the night here.
Here's my usual
Random Thoughts While Watching the Golden Globes
1. I adore Neil Patrick Harris! Jane Krakowski's dress is darn cute, too.
2. I read this week that Michael C. Hall has cancer. Great to see him come out and win tonight. I watched the first two episodes of the first season of Dexter this year, and they were awesome! I need to rent the full seasons soon!
3. Darn! Sookie didn't win best actress in a TV Series Drama! Julianna Margulies won for The Good Wife. I have heard that series is well, good.
4. Cher and Christina Aguilera! Both look pretty great (though one has had much more plastic surgery than the other...). "I Want to Come Home" by Paul McCartney was my fave of the nominees for Best Song.
5. Jennifer Aniston looks fresh and glowy! Did she brush off Gerard Butler or was that a joke? I'm thinking they were joking around.
6. Yow! Halle Berry looks hot!
7. Wow! Scorcese has made some tremendous movies!
8. Good to see Jodie Foster. Haven't seen her in a while.
9. The Hangover won! I haven't seen many movies in 2009, but I did see this. It made me laugh, and it kept me in suspense!
10. Who doesn't love Sandra Bullock? She seems like such a genuine person. Purple is a unique choice, but it's a lovely gown on her.

Random Quotes from my children while they watched a half hour with me
1. "That's Han Solo?????" - JD
2. "So many old people on this show." - J-Man
3. "Tell me when Han Solo is on again!" - JD
4. I told them that Drew Barrymore was Gertie from ET. Lil Missy says, "I see that ET is old then."
5. J-Man did get excited to see Brendan Fraser and Mace Windu (Samuel Jackson).

Best Facebook/Tweet Quote during the Globes:
"In that room tonight, how much money do you think has been on plastic surgery (face, boobs, lips) in total. Millions!" by Shelli of Market My Words.

Best Dressed: Ginnifer Goodwin. Loved her cute short do and vibrant blue dress.
Best Dressed in General: I'm an LBD kind of girl, so I loved all the simple, but sexy black dresses on Jennifer Aniston, Jane Krakowski and Julie Bowen.
Best Makeup: Olivia Wilde (though I'm sure she'd look beautiful in no makeup) She is auctioning off her dress to benefit Haiti.
Best Makeup 2: Jennifer Morrison (I am partial to red lipstick if you may have noticed) Didn't love the dress though.
Misses: I wasn't a fan of Julianne Moore's gown nor the ruffles of Chloe Sevigny.

If you watched, who do you think the best dressed celebrity was? What was your favorite movie of 2009?