Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Keep Fishin'

I received a great surprise in the mail yesterday. The April issue of Nature Friend magazine was in an envelope with a check! I didn’t even know they accepted my submission. I did receive a few emails that they were considering my work, but I did not know it would be in print! My rhyming riddles titled "Fishing for Answers" is on page 7 of the April issue. Here’s a pic!Photobucket

Fishing is HUGE in my family and my husband’s family. I seriously got excited when my hubby (then boyfriend) told me he fished, because I knew he and my dad would be great fishing buddies! (and they are, they’re musky nuts!)
To celebrate my "Fishing for Answers" article, today’s Tune for Tuesday is the Weezer song, "Keep Fishin’". It’s a great video starring the Muppets! My kids say the last line of the video all the time, “That wasn’t half bad…It was all bad!”
Weezer is a Grammy award winning rock band from Los Angeles. Their songs are very catchy and fun to sing along to. Some hits include "Say It Ain't So," "Beverly Hills," "Buddy Holly," and "Pork and Beans."
"Keep Fishin'" is from their 2002 album, Maladroit.
Great song, funny video. Check out Kermit in a Weezer tshirt!