Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Tune for Tuesday


Today’s tune is from one of my favorite bands, the Foo Fighters. Foo Fighters was formed in 1995 by Dave Grohl, the drummer of Nirvana. On the first Foo album, Grohl played every instrument and sang every vocal on the tracks. That is one talented feller! More members were added when Foo Fighters went on tour. “This is a Call” and “Big Me” were some of the hits from that first album.
I always enjoyed hearing Foo Fighters songs on the radio, but I never bought a CD until 2002 after I heard the song, “All My Life” from their fourth album, One by One. I played this CD over and over and now own most of the Foo Fighters collection on my Itunes. “All My Life” won a Grammy for best hard rock performance. You’ll see more of Foo in future Tunes for Tuesday…many of their music videos are hilarious.
This one is rock n roll-plain, loud, and simple.
I love the beginning guitar riff of the song…
Click to hear.. All My Life

Done! Done! On to the next one! Done! I’m done, I’m on to the next…