I’ve been recently “tagged” by a blogger from the blueboards! Thanks for welcoming me to this wide world of blogging, Brenda at http://lilfix.blogspot.com/! After I answer and post the answers, I am to tag 8 other people, who in turn will (should they choose to do this) do what I am doing...mention the person who tagged you, answer the questions below (you may change any question that you do not like and replace it with a question of your own.) I’m new to all this blogging and a little shy….so I don’t have 8 people to tag! So here’s a few! You’re it! (And seriously, no pressure, only if you want to!)
Can you tell I'm new at this? I don't know how to post the name that directly goes to the link!
My darling sister, Denise, at http://vavavroomonline.blogspot.com/ She blogs about her motorcycle apparel for women business and riding.
Rena at http://renajjones.blogspot.com/ She has great book reviews and fun posts to make you think!
Jill at http://jillcorcoran.blogspot.com/ Jill always has helpful links, and I love that she loves poetry too!
Kim at http://kimkasch.blogspot.com/ Love her pics and great sense of family!
Tracey at http://tracymcox.wordpress.com/ I got some great writing tips from Tracy's blog!
Suzanne at http://suzanne-young.blogspot.com/ A fun read, she's one spunky gal!
Cindy at http://cindypon.blogspot.com/ She's very sweet, and not sour at all like her blog title suggests!
Here are my answers...
1. What are your nicknames? Kel, Smel (from my parents and sister…I really don’t smell bad…Really! :0)
2. What game show and/or reality show would you like to be on? I’d end up saying something really dumb on a reality show so I’ll choose a game show: Rock n Roll Jeopardy! (okay that was on Mtv very long ago…) This isn’t a game show or reality show, but I’d love to be a roundtable guest on the Chelsea Lately talk show on E!. She is hilarious.
3. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD? I really have no idea…some of my earlier VHS movies that I owned were About Last Night and the Outsiders!
4. What is your favorite scent? I love the smell of my kid’s hair after it is washed. Then I sniff-kiss them on the head!
5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it? That would be tough to spend it just on me…..BUT if you insist…I’d probably pay off the house, self publish the bird poetry book with my dad’s bird photos and my poetry then market and publicize it in a major way. New car, maybe an SUV hybrid and a Corvette for my hubby…A little bit of clothes shopping! And of course, front row tickets to my favorite rock concerts, too! I seriously could NOT spend it all on me…
6. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to? Our family have our regular Wisconsin spots that we love but another vacation spot that is so beautiful and relaxing is Atlantis in the Bahamas. The pools, lagoon, food, huge fish viewing tanks are awesome for adults and kids.
Here's us the last time I was there, I was pregnant with Jack!
7. Do you trust easily? Yes and no. I like to think that most people are good people. But now with three kids to worry about, I am more cautious.
8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think? Sometimes I talk before thinking it out! But I generally think before I act…
9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days? The last two falls were extremely hard on me with different medical issues for one of my kids so I am looking forward to a happier fall this year (I hope!).
10. Do you have a good body image? My parents brought me up to be a very confident person. Even when I was a dorky ten year old with Coke bottle glasses, they told me I was beautiful (and smart and strong etc) and I believed them. I don’t have the body I had before three babies, but I have always been confident with my body in any state it is in. I just hope I can instill the same confidence in my daughter.
Here's lil me; I rocked that flannel shirt! :0):
11. What is your favorite fruit? Perfect fresh raspberries, strawberries, too
12. What websites do you visit daily? Verla Kay's (Blueboards)
13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately? The blueboards and this new blogging thing!
14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? So friendly and welcoming!!!
15. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? “Crazy B*#tch” by Buckcherry since I just saw them in concert…
16. What's your favorite item of clothing? My big hoop earrings! I’ve been wearing hoop earrings since I was in high school. (except I had to wear studs for several years when I had tugging babies and toddlers!)
17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy? I think they are delicious when they are mixed with marshmallows and melted butter!
18. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground? I would look around to see if it was anyone’s. Even if someone claimed it that it may not have been theirs, I’d give it to them. If no one claimed it, I’d go out to dinner with my family that night with it!
19. What items could you not go without during the day? My kids’ hugs
20. What should you be doing right now? I should get to my laundry. I am at least writing somehow with my son snuggled next to me so that is okay by me!